Skip to main content

Day 312: Happy New Year 2017!


Picture Courtesy: Google Images

Yay!

Happy New Year. So, we have already walked into the next year. One more year around the sun. And it is 2017. Now, 2020 doesn't seem that far away and 2010 seems like very much in the past. So, whenever I say not so long ago, I was back home working, it is now over 7 years. The social media sites and other means of communication makes these moments seem so seamless that I always miss out on the timeline and still believe that things that happened in 2010 was just in the recent past. Well, that takes me to the last year's challenge I set for myself. For the blog's 10th birthday, I wanted to write a #365day post and I should have completed it last August. However, my journey took a sudden halt with a lot on my plate and it didn't get done. It was so erratic that I did not even write a post on the 10th birthday! Now time has just moved ahead and the blog is turning 11 in 2017. The last post was 311th one and I am only 54 posts short of completing this challenge. I plan on completing this well before the 11th birthday and in a month and a half (mid Feb), I will wrap up with my 365th post.

So, this time it is a new year promise - the one I don't (and will not) break. #365dayblogpostcontinues

Here is my first new year post. Inspired by a concert I attended on New Year's eve, here is a short poem for the new year.


Playing the notes on the strings, 
together in a symphony, 
all orchestrated by the dance of hands. 
No questions asked, none posed, 
just plain beautiful wave of hands, 
and lo! the music flowed. 
Like the smiling marigolds, 
and shining opal stones, 
some with sad undertones
like a lost and flustered soul, 
and yet at times with a glint of hope. 

Hope...
That is what kept the music flowing 
and kept us going. 

So, on a hopeful note, here is a new year's wish to all of you- Let the new innings be a joy to begin, let the new day begin with a sparkle of the stardust from heaven, let the walk in the woods help you find yourself, and the let the days to unfold be a reason to feel proud and happy with oneself.

Wishing you all a happy, hopeful, joyful, and beautiful new year!

I also hope that I can complete my goals- professional and personal, I can keep this blog alive or begin new ones too, learn a new language, read more, write more, sing and record, encourage everyone, spread more positive thoughts, give thanks and be grateful to the many blessings I receive, cook new and healthy food, try out newer restaurants to eat, doodle happiness, watch more good movies, make new friends, take a lot more pictures of happy moments and make memories with my loved ones.

Good night y'all!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 307: Happy Chingam !

Today is Chingam 1 (to be read as onnu). It is the new month according to the lunisolar calendar. This month is also called as Avani and Shravana. So, why is this month special?  This month marks the beginning of the festival season back home and the it is fun to have small celebrations through the months until  mid- December. It is also the month of Onam (Harvest festival in Kerala).

The first festival we have this month is the 'sacred thread' changing ceremony for men/boys who wear that. This is followed by usually the birthday of little Krishna and then the elephant-head god, Ganesha. Then comes Onam followed by the beautiful month of Navaratri or Durga Pooja. So, the big set of festival season is here and here is a wish to all of you on Chingam 1. Wishing you all blessed and excellent months ahead. Have fun!

Day 315 : What's on your bucket list?

Bucket List. A term that has become popular much after the famous movie with the same title in 2007. The term would have probably taken after the euphemism 'kick the bucket', which was again popularized in the movie, 'It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world'. The 2007 movie was a massive hit and how would it be not? It had Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in the lead. The term was meant to have a list of things you wish you can do before you leave this world.

It is like a goal list that can evolve as you grow and change perspectives in life. I used to have a wish list that worked as a to-do list mostly like a work list for short-term goals. However, off late, I have decided to make one and keep it as an ever evolving list.

The first one on my list as of now (that was from the past too) is to get my biggest degree in life. Hopefully I will tick that one off my list soon.

Do share your thoughts on your list and how do you plan on getting it all checked out.

Love,
M

Day 306: Most beautiful things in this world

"What are the most beautiful things in this world?", asked a little child.
"Ah! well, the list is long, really very long." , said I,  Do you have the patience to listen and hold on? "Yes, I do", said she.  I smiled,  "I will first tell you all that I have been told,  and then will narrate all that I uphold."

Listen, oh, little girl,  I was told it was in places to go by a long way,  Like the light blue shores in the Caribbean isles,  and the beautiful Icelandic summer nights.  It was also in the streets of Tokyo,  and the serene charm of Canadian winter snow.  Some said it was the street food in Bangkok,  and yet others claimed that it was the chaat masalas of India.  The haute couture in Milan fashion show,  or for a few, the royal palaces of big Europe.  I was confused just like you, for,
all these are places afar very distant from my present home .
But what if I wanted to enjoy a few beautiful things,
should I go this far or are they just wi…