Skip to main content

Day 15: My relationship with my pants! (going to be more about a woman's relationship with her pants :D)

Editor's Note : This is the first time I am attempting to post something that is creative and also humorous. I chose this topic based on a list of  prompts provided on a site that I found with a random google search.  The prompts suggested will really encourage you to think creatively and probably bring in a humorous element. If you want, do try it out.I will really need your suggestions and comments, to improve  and probably see how far I can go at this. I wrote this in less than 20 minutes, once I got the prompt. I did not plan anything ahead! So, kindly excuse if this is totally "unbearable" !  Thank you for your time and looking forward to your comments. 
Happy dance : Picture Courtesy: Google Images
Yes, you heard it right, it's about pants. 

Ah! relationship with my pants? <(breathing heavily)> How do I start? Okay, let me give you an example. Close your eyes now and visualize a scene from your favorite movie. The scene should be something where the hero/protagonist (who is sometimes handsome and sometimes so-so) is following his sweetheart (of course, she is drop dead gorgeous) sighing heavily and just standing lost in thoughts and speechless at her beauty and finally standing dejected at himself for not being able to confess his love. 

Now, if you are like me, you might visualize the heroine (who is cute and bubbly) just dreaming about her tall, dark and handsome, "manly" man and just trying to follow him and grab his attention, but sad when she realizes she is not even visible to him much as that little spot on his car (yeah, for a Malayalam movie buff, OSO is one of the recent favorite, more about it later). 

Yes, you see that now? It is like that unattainable love affair. It's all one-sided. If you want to think of a woman's relationship (especially, mine) with her (my) pants, well it is pretty much just one-sided a lot of times. Either she is too pretty for it or she is too petite for it. Sometimes she can fit in "parts" and other times, she can hardly get out!

Ah, now I can see y'all smile. Memories, right ? Umph! I am now thinking of those beautiful pants that sit on my closet waiting for me to "come back". There are some which are shades of lovely blue and a few that match the running shoes. I love all types of pants- from cotton to corduroys to long and short and sometimes, colors and stripes. I love shopping for yoga and sweat pants as they make life awesome and easy enough to do everyday chores. As for those rugged days, I love my long lasting jeans. Even as I wait to pick some new ones, there are these old and the usual ones I use.  

How easy life is when you have those right pants?  They protect you from the cold, the hail and storm (not the heroic way, just that it keeps us all a little warm).Now, sometimes, I hate those pants when they look so lovely but are never meant for me. It is like the grapes that you can't reach are all sour grapes ;) Of course, a lucky few will always find their love, and for them, their relationship with the pants are usually like "I have them, so I don't care". How interesting! 

Anyways, let me say goodbye so that I wake up early tomorrow and rush to school soon enough probably wearing my favorite grey jeans once again.

There is a voice in my head telling me now that I must stop just sitting and writing all this and instead go and hit the street or the gym  for a walk or run! 
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 307: Happy Chingam !

Today is Chingam 1 (to be read as onnu). It is the new month according to the lunisolar calendar. This month is also called as Avani and Shravana. So, why is this month special?  This month marks the beginning of the festival season back home and the it is fun to have small celebrations through the months until  mid- December. It is also the month of Onam (Harvest festival in Kerala).

The first festival we have this month is the 'sacred thread' changing ceremony for men/boys who wear that. This is followed by usually the birthday of little Krishna and then the elephant-head god, Ganesha. Then comes Onam followed by the beautiful month of Navaratri or Durga Pooja. So, the big set of festival season is here and here is a wish to all of you on Chingam 1. Wishing you all blessed and excellent months ahead. Have fun!

Day 315 : What's on your bucket list?

Bucket List. A term that has become popular much after the famous movie with the same title in 2007. The term would have probably taken after the euphemism 'kick the bucket', which was again popularized in the movie, 'It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world'. The 2007 movie was a massive hit and how would it be not? It had Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in the lead. The term was meant to have a list of things you wish you can do before you leave this world.

It is like a goal list that can evolve as you grow and change perspectives in life. I used to have a wish list that worked as a to-do list mostly like a work list for short-term goals. However, off late, I have decided to make one and keep it as an ever evolving list.

The first one on my list as of now (that was from the past too) is to get my biggest degree in life. Hopefully I will tick that one off my list soon.

Do share your thoughts on your list and how do you plan on getting it all checked out.

Love,
M

Day 57: Manjadikuru (The Little Red Seeds)

Do you guys know about Manjadikuru ? They are the little red seeds. For anyone who is from God's own country or is familiar with Kerala wouldn't have missed this. There is something special about holding them, playing with these seeds. Usually, most homes will have a small 'uruli' or a bowl filled with these beautiful and shiny red seeds. In most Krishna temples in Kerala, you will come across a small 'uruli' with Manjadikuru. People believe that it is lucky to take these seeds with both hands and just play with them when you visit a temple. Some even leave a couple of coins as they do this.  In Guruvayoor (my favorite place), you can see a big 'uruli' with manjadi. 

So, why and how did this become prevalent ? It goes back to a story from the past. Many years ago, there lived a poor lady in northern Kerala. She was an ardent devotee of Lord Guruvayoorappan (Krishna) and always wanted to visit Guruvayoor.  She could not afford to buy any offering (nived…