Skip to main content
Blind thoughts , did i sleep off?



Walking down the streets ,
i stopped to see a girl
a girl with an extra hand ,
a hand that sees for her.

I walked beside her.
Smiling,I asked her
as to where did she wish to go
so that i can see for her?

The girl replied ,thanking me
saying it's God who brings
you people for us , I thank,
all those good hearts out here.

I smiled weakly saying,
"God is so special that He
surely will bless you all,
with a sight within you
that glows even in the dark" .

Conversation a while ,
she coneveyed the fact that
she was studying the ,
existence of our Golden past.

Her parents afar
she lived alone in this place,
living to keep her lamp ,
The lamp of knowledge
burning so bright ,
that will lighten up her visions
which lay hidden in the dark .

She then asked,
"Have you ever been to help someone like me ?"
I nodded ,yet taken aback
for there now was , that naked truth torn apart.

i know i have been good
but did i make a difference ?
did i do something great for them?
to feel so good ?

lost in my thoughts , i bade her good bye
as she reached her place

i turned to go ..
walking towards my destination ,
with my heart and soul thinking
did i ever make a difference.
Love and care , i did shower
but i really have many a miles to
go before i sleep that eternal sleep


This poem came across my mind , or rather this idea to pen this came across my mind after i had an experience today with a visually challenged young girl on the streets.
I was walking along Mylapore and i had to go to a place called "Warren road " .I started walking from Radhakrishnan salai(a street in Mylapore again) and was trying to hire an auto .

There was a girl walking in front who was visually challenged and was walking with the aid of her stick . i never noticed her and was just treading behind . She had to stop and walk ( I am sure you are aware of our "healthy" best roads!:( ).Then i noticed her "Challenge"( not a problem) .So assisted her till her point of destination (it was a bajji store:)) .She said she was pursuing her second year BA HISTORY ! from University , and she stayed in the hostel because her parents were at Trichy.
As i helped her she was thanking all the commom people who help her and she asked me "What have you done for people like me"?
I really wondered , was that someone making her ask ! * God Himself seemed to question !

I nodded yes i have then i thought did i really do anything much ?

Well by then she reached her point and then i started looking around for a way to reach Warrens road. As i saw an auto man , i asked him for the route and suddenly the customer in the auto a lady (of my mothers' age, pretty indeed) offered a lift since she was on her way to that place. I accepted and asked for the rate for sharing , She declined, nor did the auto man take and she bade me bye at my place smiling!

I thought , all my act of small kindness , It has been so beautifully returned .
I am NOT PROFESSING THAT DO GOOD ACTS EXPECTING A GOOD RETURN!! NEVER AT ALL. But what i wanted to throw light on is that every action is returned , every word of love we share , we will be loved more . So why are we selfish , hard and jealous etc.
We have to change - note We is just a term since it means those minds who are entangled in this viscious web of evil thoughts!


Thanks Have a great day ... ANd yes Bakrid wishes to all the people in the world and also wishing a Happy Christmas in advance.
13 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 307: Happy Chingam !

Today is Chingam 1 (to be read as onnu). It is the new month according to the lunisolar calendar. This month is also called as Avani and Shravana. So, why is this month special?  This month marks the beginning of the festival season back home and the it is fun to have small celebrations through the months until  mid- December. It is also the month of Onam (Harvest festival in Kerala).

The first festival we have this month is the 'sacred thread' changing ceremony for men/boys who wear that. This is followed by usually the birthday of little Krishna and then the elephant-head god, Ganesha. Then comes Onam followed by the beautiful month of Navaratri or Durga Pooja. So, the big set of festival season is here and here is a wish to all of you on Chingam 1. Wishing you all blessed and excellent months ahead. Have fun!

Day 315 : What's on your bucket list?

Bucket List. A term that has become popular much after the famous movie with the same title in 2007. The term would have probably taken after the euphemism 'kick the bucket', which was again popularized in the movie, 'It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world'. The 2007 movie was a massive hit and how would it be not? It had Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in the lead. The term was meant to have a list of things you wish you can do before you leave this world.

It is like a goal list that can evolve as you grow and change perspectives in life. I used to have a wish list that worked as a to-do list mostly like a work list for short-term goals. However, off late, I have decided to make one and keep it as an ever evolving list.

The first one on my list as of now (that was from the past too) is to get my biggest degree in life. Hopefully I will tick that one off my list soon.

Do share your thoughts on your list and how do you plan on getting it all checked out.

Love,
M

Day 306: Most beautiful things in this world

"What are the most beautiful things in this world?", asked a little child.
"Ah! well, the list is long, really very long." , said I,  Do you have the patience to listen and hold on? "Yes, I do", said she.  I smiled,  "I will first tell you all that I have been told,  and then will narrate all that I uphold."

Listen, oh, little girl,  I was told it was in places to go by a long way,  Like the light blue shores in the Caribbean isles,  and the beautiful Icelandic summer nights.  It was also in the streets of Tokyo,  and the serene charm of Canadian winter snow.  Some said it was the street food in Bangkok,  and yet others claimed that it was the chaat masalas of India.  The haute couture in Milan fashion show,  or for a few, the royal palaces of big Europe.  I was confused just like you, for,
all these are places afar very distant from my present home .
But what if I wanted to enjoy a few beautiful things,
should I go this far or are they just wi…