Skip to main content
Am tagged !!!!





Hmmm ... Never did i think will i get this honour :) and that too from one of my most favourite blogger !!!Yes Ms.Priya has tagged me .. and how could i make her wait .. :) haina ??
So here we go ...
Memories are all sweet .. Any memory is etched in our hearts and not mind !
Summer time has been fun for me ...
I remember every summer right since my small childhood since 1st :) thanks to my memory ..
well i have been a traveller (though it has been just within my native God's own Country and Tamil Nadu the sweet neighbour) i have been to nearly 8 schools ..
so you can imagine !
Most of the summer would go in packing and shifting to a new place and getting accustomed to the new locale...We ie me and my sibling would be busy at home helping mom with some very little tit bits of packing and shifting and also enjoy looking at the old things which would have been up in loft during those days .
Then moving to that new house would mean decorating and designing .. them .
This continued and at times we would travel to our granny's place(my most favourite place) or to my maternal uncles place where we had a mast time .. just ouir very small games with cousins or just with ourselves was so enjoyable that i wish at times if we could have been kids for a little longer ( though its nice to grow )
My summer hols during my 5th std .. was the time when i went to my uncle's place. All had a cycle there and every one knew .. except me :( and i wished if someone could teach me that ! But who would for i was a little teddy :D so who can manage me .. he he ..
so i then learnt the most important lesson .. always do learn things on your own !And i learnt it .. all alone .. I did have the best experiences of falling in to the pits !!! drains !!! Lo .. how many have laughed at my state .. but then before i did leave for my place i did manage to ride a bicycle:)
Never can i forget that summer . It was very traumatic summer time for me then .. but now when i think i enjoy with a smile :)
At home me and my little sibling had the maximum fun . We would have all sorts of games , carroms , chess , math games , puzzles and even funny like book competition(BC)as we called where we will have a game of reading the maximum number of story books ina day !
My most favourite summers have been my days at my last high school years at Choza naadu :)
Loved those days for my best friends all from that place and the summer hols meant visits every other day and talking and wishing to get back to school so that we could be together always ..
It was March end and we had just taken up our final annual exams .
My best friend or the bestest friend came in during the last before exam with eyes welled up telling that she was to leave for her uncle(chittappa'S) house at Blore from her enext academic year .And that was it !
I remember crying and crying .. after which the 1st week of Summers was so very dull that i mever did anything at all ......
Finally the D day arrived , we all friends decided to give her the parting visit so that she left for her uncle's place and went there only waiting to be fooled !
Yes she did fool each one of us !!!!April fools hahaha ..
Then came the most awaited year 10th vacation . after all the public exams went for Mumbai . The fun travelling for 2 nights in train with whole bunch of cousins playing cards was awesome experience . Never knew the time passing by .
Final year at school meant more studies and decision on what was to be done after 12th !!!
But we still had the maximum fun freaking out with friends and then back again to packing and shifting home to the metro!!!

Chennai has the hottest summers .. I enjoyed even the college times with water pots here for couldnt move to native during these holdidays with my sibling appearing for board exams :)
Will those days come back . Now a summer holiday can be just a sunday !!Yes job in hand and also studies final !!:)
what to do . project period is also tough but yet interesting . !!
every other day had been fun for me .. not just summerzs ... but summers did have their own identity !

Hope i have explained it quiet k :)

Priya what say;)?
8 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 307: Happy Chingam !

Today is Chingam 1 (to be read as onnu). It is the new month according to the lunisolar calendar. This month is also called as Avani and Shravana. So, why is this month special?  This month marks the beginning of the festival season back home and the it is fun to have small celebrations through the months until  mid- December. It is also the month of Onam (Harvest festival in Kerala).

The first festival we have this month is the 'sacred thread' changing ceremony for men/boys who wear that. This is followed by usually the birthday of little Krishna and then the elephant-head god, Ganesha. Then comes Onam followed by the beautiful month of Navaratri or Durga Pooja. So, the big set of festival season is here and here is a wish to all of you on Chingam 1. Wishing you all blessed and excellent months ahead. Have fun!

Day 315 : What's on your bucket list?

Bucket List. A term that has become popular much after the famous movie with the same title in 2007. The term would have probably taken after the euphemism 'kick the bucket', which was again popularized in the movie, 'It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world'. The 2007 movie was a massive hit and how would it be not? It had Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman in the lead. The term was meant to have a list of things you wish you can do before you leave this world.

It is like a goal list that can evolve as you grow and change perspectives in life. I used to have a wish list that worked as a to-do list mostly like a work list for short-term goals. However, off late, I have decided to make one and keep it as an ever evolving list.

The first one on my list as of now (that was from the past too) is to get my biggest degree in life. Hopefully I will tick that one off my list soon.

Do share your thoughts on your list and how do you plan on getting it all checked out.

Love,
M

Day 306: Most beautiful things in this world

"What are the most beautiful things in this world?", asked a little child.
"Ah! well, the list is long, really very long." , said I,  Do you have the patience to listen and hold on? "Yes, I do", said she.  I smiled,  "I will first tell you all that I have been told,  and then will narrate all that I uphold."

Listen, oh, little girl,  I was told it was in places to go by a long way,  Like the light blue shores in the Caribbean isles,  and the beautiful Icelandic summer nights.  It was also in the streets of Tokyo,  and the serene charm of Canadian winter snow.  Some said it was the street food in Bangkok,  and yet others claimed that it was the chaat masalas of India.  The haute couture in Milan fashion show,  or for a few, the royal palaces of big Europe.  I was confused just like you, for,
all these are places afar very distant from my present home .
But what if I wanted to enjoy a few beautiful things,
should I go this far or are they just wi…